Vanilla Mint

I really can't believe I still have ideas for different types of muffins. I thought I covered all the varieties but I guess not because my brain keeps conjuring up ideas. After I made my husband the chocolate mint protein muffins I immediately wanted to make a vanilla mint chocolate chip protein muffins. Like I've said before I meant its really not one of my favorite flavors but my husband loves it so I go with it.

Ingredients:

1/2 C (ground) Oatmeal Flour
1/4 C Coconut Flour
2 TBSP Flax
1 TSP Baking Soda
1/2 C Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
1 tbsp Vanilla
1/4 tsp Peppermint Extract*
2 egg whites
1/2 C apple sauce
2 TBSP Coconut oil
1/4 C Almond Milk- Unsweetened Vanilla
1/2 C Dark Chocolate Chips

  ~If you're missing something, have no fear, for substitutions click HERE!

 

Step 1:

I sift all my dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. 
Sift the big flour chunks to out help the muffins to rise beautifully.

Step 2: 

Slowly add in your wet ingredients. Ensure to scrape sides and mix well.

Step 3: 

Pour those babies into either a well oiled or a cupcake lined pan.
I like to oil my pans with coconut oil :)
 

Step 4:

Bake @ 350 for 25 minutes.
Makes 4 Jumbo Muffins!


Let them cool for about 10 minutes then use a butter knife or spatula to gently remove them from the pan.

* taste the batter as you add the mint extract, so that your not overdoing it but it still has a nice mintiness. 

SO YUMMM!!   ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment