Banana Bread


Just like Grannys banana bread but WAY healthier and with all the fix-ins!

I love those days when I walk into the grocery store and they have bagged over ripe bananas on sale! Today was one of those days! When I see those sacks of bananas I can't help myself but buy them and think Banana bread, banana bread mmmmmm, grannies wonderful banana bread!

Like most of the time I bake I can never decide what flavor I'm going for a so in the case of a large recipe like this banana bread I can make two types easy. I always start off with the basics keeping in mind what I might want to change at the end, it's harder if the recipes are total opposites but when they can be pretty similar it makes it easy.

Ingredients:

  
3 medium bananas
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or another type)
1 cup of oatmeal flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 c vanilla whey protein powder (or more flours)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 egg whites
2 tablespoons flax
1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup of almond milk
1/2 Nuts (optional)
1/2 Dark chocolate chips (optional)

Mix:

For banana bread I always start off with mashing my bananas in my mixing bowl.

Next add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well!

I always, ALWAYS add nuts to my banana bread! My choice is pecans but all types work. *When making multiple types I stir these in once the batter is in the loaf pan.

Heres the part where you make 2 types of banana bread, if desired :)
Once you combined all my basic ingredients, pour half the batter into one pan.
You can top it with some coconut shreds, nuts swirl in dark chocolate chips or whatever your heart desires. 

For the other half of the batter (Still in the mixer, added:
2 TBSP of PB2
2 TBSP of peanut butter

Mixed it up again and poured it into a pan. Then I took about another tablespoon of peanut butter and swirled it on the top. -Extra yumminess!

Bake:

Set your oven to 350F and bake these guys for about 45 minutes or until the knife comes out clean.

Slice and enjoy! With coffee, PB, ....by itself... for breakfast, snack... YUMMMMM!
No one can resist Banana Bread!!!
 

YUM! ~ Enjoy!


Love, Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment