Double Dark Chocolate Protein Muffin


Yes, I know this will be a little bit of bragging, but I kind of cant help it. You know how for your whole life you get that plain-ole box cake mix for your birthday or grocery store chocolate cake... Honestly, since I was a kid I always always hated the grocery store or boxed chocolate cake. So many years ago I decided I was going to bake my own chocolate cake... and let me tell you! OHHH BOY, I have never had any chocolate cake that could compare to mine. Of course at that time I made bad chocolate cake, full of sugar and bad fat's, but that changed FAST. With all this healthy baking and making my husband protein muffins as a post workout snack, of course, a chocolate protein muffin was on the top of the list!
I took my chocolate cake recipe altered that and made it a healthy, protein infused, fabulous Chocolate Muffin!

Ingredients:

1/2 C (ground) Oatmeal Flour
1/4 C Coconut Flour
1/4 C Cocoa Powder
2 TBSP Flax
1/8 C Stevia
1 TSP Baking Soda
1/2 C Muscle Milk Chocolate Protein Powder (1 Scoop)
1 TBSP Vanilla
2 egg whites
1/2 C apple sauce
1/2 C Brewed Coffee
2 TBSP Coconut oil
1/2 C Almond Milk- Unsweetened Vanilla
1/2 Nuts
1/2 C Dark Chocolate chips
  ~If you're missing something, have no fear, for substitutions click HERE!
First, I sift all my dry ingredients together in a bowl. If you want your muffins to rise beautifully, sift the big flour chunks out. If you don't care, don't sift.
 
Next add in all wet ingredients and blend away! Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl as it mixes so it all combines nicely.
Freshly brewed coffee very works well for this, definitely don't skimp on this part!
Now add in your dark chocolate chips!! MMMM Double Chocolate! 

Don't forget to grease your Jumbo muffin pan for cupcake pan very well with coconut oil! 

Makes 4-5 Jumbo Muffins! 
Bake @ 350 F for 30 Minutes or until toothpick comes out clean!

This is my Husbands 2nd favorite muffin, it right behind the Chocolate Peanut Butter...Sometimes I wonder if he knows what his favorite one is. EVERY TIME I make a batch he says they're his favorite so who knows. This recipe can be made into a CAKE, Yes A cake minus the chocolate chips... Anyhow, my husband hates cake but this recipe turned him into a Tabitha Cake Lover... hehehe



ENJOY!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment