Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Muffin


It was bound to happen... Chocolate cannot just stand alone, especially in a house of Chocolate-PB LOVERS! I'd say I mastered my chocolate muffin so next was adding peanut butter. With his eyes as wide as a little (big) kid, my husband says "Honey! Can you make a chocolate peanut butter one!" Confidentiality I reply, "of course I can." So I went to work.



Ingredients:




1/2 C (ground) Oatmeal Flour

1/4 C Coconut Flour
1/4 C Cocoa Powder
2 TBSP Flax
1/8 C Stevia
1 TSP Baking Soda
2 TBSP PB2
1/2 C Muscle Milk Chocolate Protein Powder (1 Scoop)
1 TBSP Vanilla
2 egg whites
4 TBSP Peanut butter
1/2 C apple sauce
1/2 C Brewed Coffee
2 TBSP Coconut oil
1/2 C Almond Milk- Unsweetened Vanilla
1/2 Nuts
1/2 C Dark Chocolate chips
 ~If you're missing something, have no fear, for substitutions click HERE!

First, I sift all my dry ingredients together in a bowl. If you want your muffins to rise beautifully, sift the big flour chunks out. If you don't care, don't sift.
 
Next add in all wet ingredients and blend away

Now you get to choose if you want dark chocolate chips, nuts, or peanut butter chips. If it were me I'd put dark chips and nuts but Husband SWEARS by his PB chips. I have to constantly remind him "Were adding sugar to our low-sugar diet." He doesn't care, hes a guy and can burn off the additional calories, plus these are his post-workout snack. ~tangent, back on track...

Make sure you oil your pan very well, I use coconut oil, then pour the batter in.

Bake at 350F for 30 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.

These are by far my Husbands absolute favorite muffins! He ALWAYS asks for them even though I am dying to try new recipes... Some say hes spoiled, I just say I love him. As my Husband says "You can still enjoy a decadent dessert without feeling guilty because its a healthy snack! Also you won't compromise gains in the gym." 
Make sure you have a nice glass of unsweetened Almond Milk with it!

Hope you LOVE them as much as he does!
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment