Peanut Butter Protein Bars



AKA: Pro-peanutella; named for the various ingredients by my husband.

Nick, yes my husband has a name, got the initial recipe for these bars from a co-worker. I didn't make these up BUT I did alter them. Altering recipes is one of the things I do best. These bars are amazing, easy and will last on the counter due to the ingredients having a long natural shelf-life.


Ingredients:

1 c Honey
2 c / 1 16oz jar All Natural crunchy Peanut Butter (no sugar or oil added)
1 3/4 c Ground Oatmeal
1/4 c Ground Flax Seed
2 c Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
Nutella (optional)

Mix honey and PB in large pot on the stove.
Incorporate Oatmeal and  Flax seed.
Turn heat on LOW add in dry the protein powder, this is the hardest part. The heat will help melt the honey an PB, trust me it will mix thoroughly.

WHEW! Now that the labor is done, press into a 9x13 pan, or whatever you have available.

SLICE! - Makes about 24 bars
Even though they last a long time, if its just you eating them you may want to make 1/2 the recipe.

This is Nicks Favorite part, he smears Nutella over 90% of the bars for him to devour with Almond Milk. The other 10% are mine, I don't need extra sugar calories. Keep in mind honey is great for you but loaded in sugar so limit yourself.


I hope you LOVE these as much as we do!

ENJOY!














No comments:

Post a Comment