Salsa Chicken


I was running out the door with a busy day ahead. Clients, errands, college, and my husband will make it home before me.  I need to make dinner in advance but with no time I turned to my crock pot ...  My crock pot is something I am still getting the hang of. I have no crock pot recipe book but I needed to make something FAST. I dug through our refrigerator and found some common items that we always use.... 

Ingredients:

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 onion
2 bell peppers (any colors)
16 ounce can of black beans
16 ounce jar of salsa
1 jalapeno diced or habenero
4 minced cloves of garlic
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Basil 
1 tsp Paprika 
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper

At the bottom of the crock pot I laid my chicken breast and generously covered both sides of them with herbs and garlic.


Slice up onions and bell peppers into long strips and dice jalapenos.

Put the veggies over the chicken and add more herbs and spices, liberally.

Finally cover with black beans, salsa, the lid and sent it to cook for 6 hours. Or 8 if you'll be gone longer.

I've learned over the years that  cooking is easy, you can't be afraid of throwing things together. Also there are a couple things you can NEVER go wrong with having it together, in this case beans and peppers YUM!

This is quick easy dish! 



When its done the chicken should be falling apart. Super delicious easiest thing ever!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment