Chocolate Protein Pudding



Just one of those days where I definitely need a snack... something chocolaty, easy and creamy but of course healthy. Ideas floating around my head constantly daily in fact every minute I could say I have a new idea that I want to make. The problem is I don't have enough people to bake for its just me and my husband. And truly I couldn't eat everything I'm baked everyday even if though its all healthy. This is been a problem for years my best friend in high school Anela can recall us baking snicker-doodles by the dozens. All because I wanted to alter the recipe for every batch. Just one of the many examples of what has been an ongoing problem since I was a kid.
Ok back to my dessert where was I...

Chocolate, creamy, easy, healthy, protein ahhhh... Pudding!

Ingredients: 

1/4 cup 0% fat Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup chocolate protein powder
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1-2 tablespoon of Almond milk*
1 teaspoon agave syrup (optional)
dash of cinnamon
1 tablespoon stevia - if you need it of course

Mix away until it's nice and creamy then pop in the refrigerator.

This is really chocolaty and creamy :) If you have a low tolerance for sugar-free foods I suggest adding stevia or using 2% yogurt. Also, Greek yogurt can be strong and tart, it might not be for everyone's palette so pick a plain (low sugar) version of your favorite yogurt. Keep in mind yogurt has natural sugar and the higher % of milk fat you buy, the more sugar you consume which = FAT! Pick your yogurt wisely but also make sure you enjoy it!

*Depending on the type of protein you use, you may need to add a little more milk. Just stir until its a nice consistency. Also if you sit it in the fridge for too long you'll nee more milk.

This is a super yummy quick and healthy dessert. I love it and make it when yogurt is available in my refrigerator, which is rare.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment