White Bean Chicken Chili

White Chicken Chili - similar to the Cheesecake Factory dish
Found and of course changed from the version on CookEatShare

This is my ABSOLUTE favorite dishs at the Cheesecake factory and I order it every time I go there, which isn't much cause I RARELY eat out. Now I can make it at home in a healthier version form! So excited! apparently the recipe on CookEatShare is th.e exact recipe from the Cheesecake factory. There was a video online where a Florida News station invited a chef from the Cheescake Factory, in Florida, to cook... or something. I went to the link and the video is no longer there. But the point is he shared the recipe and I did what I do best... CHANGE it! hahaha  I made it a little simpler and healthier for sure. I didn't compromise flavor, it still has a ton. go ahead and click the link to the recipe on CookEatShare to compare or use if you feel like going for the all fat version. ;) 

Anyways I have cooked this one multiple times at home and the last time my Husband and I went to the Cheesecake Factory I honestly struggled to choose something from the menu!


Ingredients:
1/4 c extra light olive oil 
1.5 pounds cubed chicken breast meat or chicken tenders 
1/2 tbsp ground cumin 
1/2 tbsp chili powder 
1 tsp ground black pepper  
3/4 c chopped yellow or white onion 
1 tablespoon minced garlic 
1/4 cup chopped roasted poblano pepper 
1 1/2 tbsp diced green chilli pepper (I used a serrano or jalapeno) 
1/4 c flour (I used brown rice flour and it thickened up nicely!) 
4 c / 32oz chicken stock 
2 tbsp salsa verde 
2 tbsp pureed chipole peppers in Adobo Sauce from Goya 
1 cup white beans (from a can, or cooked) 
Pico de Gallo (topping) 
Brown Rice (topping) 
3 Green Onions, sliced (topping)

Instructions:
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large sauté pan on over medium heat.
Add in diced chicken and spices.
Cooking until its about 75% done.
Dice peppers and roast, dry in another pan until brown, or over a gas burner flame.
Remove chicken and set aside, pour out chicken oil.
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil and sauté onions until translucent and add a little more spices.
Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the roasted poblanos and green chilis. 
Add the flour, stir to incorporate, and cook for about 2 minutes.
Add the chicken stock a little at a time, whisking to smooth out any lumps.
Add the salsa verde, pureed chipole peppers in Adobo Sauce from goya.
Allow to come back to a simmer over medium heat, and then add the chicken back into pan.
Simmer for 5 minutes and add the cream and white beans stir to incorporate.
Serve and with rice and top with pico de gallo and green onions.

Makes about 5 servings.

Hope you enjoy this one! We love it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment