Peanut Butter Protein Muffin

Yay! I had the opportunity to make a different batch of muffins!! 
Ever since I made the chocolate peanut butter muffin that's all my husband ever asks for but this time I told him "you don't get just chocolate peanut butter I need to do different ones!" "so how about peanut butter ones?" I asked and of course he couldn't resist. 

I have so many ideas in my head but I can only make so many of them at a time. Nick loves to take muffins to work so as a post workout snack, so that's why I get to practice my protein muffin baking skills.

Ingredients:

1/2 C (ground) Oatmeal Flour
1/4 C Coconut Flour
2 TBSP Flax
1 TSP Baking Soda
2 TBSP PB2
1/2 C Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (1 Scoop)
1 TBSP Vanilla
2 egg whites
1 TBSP Honey
2 TBSP Peanut butter
1/2 C apple sauce
2 TBSP Coconut oil
1/2 C Almond Milk- Unsweetened Vanilla
1/2 Nuts (optional)
1/2 C Dark Chocolate chips (optional)
  ~If you're missing something, have no fear, for substitutions click HERE!

Step 1: I sift all my dry ingredients together in a bowl. If you want your muffins to rise beautifully, sift the big flour chunks out. If you don't care, don't sift.
 
Step 2: Add in all wet ingredients and blend away

Step 3: Now you get to choose if you want to add extra calories...dark chocolate chips, or nuts. I use Ghirardelli 60% Cocoa Chip. Yes they aren't the best for ya... You really should add something with more cocoa content but they're for my husband's post workout snack. He burns it off. As a female I only eat 1/2 a muffin at a time, remember this is not a low calorie food, even though its healthy.  ...

**Make sure you oil your pan very well, I use coconut oil, then pour the batter in.

Bake at 350F for 30 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Hehehe... do you see my FAVORITE coffe mug in the photo!? I got it from Paris Disney... ahhhh LOVE! 

ENJOY!! Its so good with Peanut Butter or Honey as a topping!


No comments:

Post a Comment