Thai Coconut Soup

So I've been on a soup making frenzy lately, in the middle of this cold winter weather. In the midst of all my searching I came across Thai Coconut Soup... Could it be? A Thai like curry in a soup form? Now did I mention how much I love coconut or didn't I? well I'm a huge coconut fan and a LOVER of Thai Curry so a Thai coconut soup sounded incredible!
So I began doing what I normally do when I have a recipe idea that sounds good, I search for more recipes like it. I read through the many recipes i find, imagine what it will taste like in my mind and then I make my own version. Here it is!

 Ingredients:

1.5 lbs Chicken Breast
1 Onion
1 Jalapeno
1/4c Lemon Grass
1/2c Straw Mushrooms
3 tbsp grated Giner
3 tbsp diced Garlic
2 Thai Chilis
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Coriander

16oz / 2c Coconut Milk
32 oz / 4c Chicken broth
1 lime
Bok Choy
Cilantro

 Step 1: Dice all vegetables
 Finely grate Ginger

 Step 2: Add all vegetables into a pot on medium heat and saute until onions are translucent.

Step 3: Add whole chicken breasts and cover all ingredients with water. Bring to a boil.

Step 4: Remove and dice chicken and add it back into pot.

Step 5: Add chicken broth, coconut milk, lime juice and simmer.

Step 6: When chicken is cook thoroughly add chopped bok choy and cilantro.

Serve over rice or not. Its good just the way it is to me!
Some of the recipies I looked at called for patise (Fish Sauce). Since I don't use that and I don't do sodium, I opted out of it and the recipe was still flavor-full!

Hoe you ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment