Zuchinni Bruschetta

 

I cook probably just as much as I bake and truly do enjoy it too. Being a health crazed person and a fitness nut I know making quick healthy easy dishes is just as complicated as baking healthy. So I decided that I'm going to start adding healthy yummy simple recipes to my blog to help you out! I do the experiments and you get to just follow and enjoy!
I have to start off with the yummiest treat appetizer, that's to die for but good for you!
Zucchini Bruschetta! When I make these I can barely get a slice because my husband devours them so rapidly!
The best thing about these is how light they are but full of flavor, but also SO easy and healthy!
you will NEVER miss having the bread!



Ingredients:

1 large zucchini
1 tomato
Fresh or dried basil leaves
Minced garlic
Cheese: Feta, Parmesan or mozzarella (choose two)

Step 1: of course wash your vegetables.

Next I like to slice the top and bottoms off my zucchini so it stands nicely up right.

Then I slice just a small enough amount of of each side so the zucchini will lay flat on a pan.

Finally slice your to zucchini twice to create 3 pieces.

Step 2: cover the zucchini with either dried or fresh basil and minced garlic. 
The more the merrier I promise!
Add more herbs, pepper or garlic salt for even more flavor!

Step 3: slice your tomato up as thin or thick as you like and place it over the basil and garlic. 
This is very important you have to have the tomato on top of the basil and garlic always. This ensures that the juices from the tomato moisten the basil and garlic.

Finally top with types of cheese.

Step 4: bake @ 350 F for about 20 minutes or until the cheese browns and the zucchini juice start coming out.

If you like crispy cheese, turn your broiler on low and bake for another 5 minutes. 

Let them cool slightly before eating.
Enjoy!!

Love, Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment