Carrot Cake Protein Muffins


Who doesn't love carrot cake!? Well its that time to make a new creative batch of muffins!! Spring is right around the corner and all these thoughts about Easter has gotten me in the mood for something light tasty and holiday-ish!! I've made these carrot cake ones before but this time I tried something different, AGAIN... Couldn't help my self but I have discovered something new about this muffin making that I didn't quite notice at first... I sometimes use plain yogurt in my recipes, which I LOVE the flavor and moisture it gives... but sometimes if I don't have any on hand I use more milk. 
 

Ingredients:

1/2 c Oat Flour
1/2 c Coconut Flour
1/2 c Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
2 tbsp Ground Flax
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 c Stevia in the raw
1/4 tsp Allspice
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1 c finely grated Carrots- about 3 med carrots
1 tbsp Honey or Agave
1/2 c Egg Whites
1-1/4 c Almond Milk
1/2 c chopped pecans (optional)
  ~If you're missing something, have no fear, for substitutions click HERE!

Finely grate carrots and set aside
 
Blend all dry ingredients in a bowl then slowly add wet ingredients.
Blend well ensuring to scrape the sides.

Finally add grated carrots and nuts. Blend. 

Oil your muffin pan. I usually use coconut oil because I love the flavor but light olive oil works too.
Fill pan and bake.

350° for 30 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.


Makes 4 heaping jumbo muffins Or more cupcakes. For accurate nutrition facts, fill all 6 slots, small jumbo muffins.

 Or you can use this same recipe to make a loaf cake or bread.  

If your interested in topping them with a cream cheese frosting you can use a healthy substitute.
Vanilla protein frosting made with Greek Yogurt and Vanilla Whey Protein Powder! Yum!! Click for Recipe Here!


Enjoy these light decadent treats!


Nutrition Facts -1 Muffin

Servings 6.0
Amount Per Serving
Calories 227
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 10 g 15 %
Saturated Fat 2 g 10 %
Monounsaturated Fat 4 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1 g 0 %
Sodium 362 mg 15 %
Potassium 244 mg 7 %
Total Carbohydrate 23 g 8 %
Dietary Fiber 8 g 31 %
Sugars 7 g
Protein 15 g 31 %
Vitamin A 4 %
Vitamin C 26 %
Calcium 2 %
Iron 100 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment