Banana Protein Muffin


Growing up my Granny made the absolute best banana bread ever! As I became more and more of a health nut the banana bread recipe slowly changed to a healthier version and now its a banana protein bread/Muffin! ~I'm not sure but never mentioned before but of course all these muffins recipes can be made into bread recipes just putting it in a loaf pan, easy!~

Of all the muffin recipes I make I think this one is my favorite because it reminds me of my Granny! And truly, Who doesn't love a Banana Walnut Muffin!?

Ingredients:

1/2 C (ground) Oatmeal Flour
1/4 C Coconut Flour
2 TBSP Flax
1 TSP Baking Soda
1 TSP Cinnamon
1/2 C Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (1 Scoop)
1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
3 egg whites
1 Large Mashed Banana (2 medium) When in doubt use 2! MMMM...
2 TBSP Coconut Oil

1/2 C Almond Milk- Unsweetened Vanilla
1/2 Walnuts
1/2 C Dark Chocolate Chips (optional)
  ~If you're missing something, have no fear, for substitutions click HERE!

Step 1: Mash banana(S) with a blender.

Step 2: Sift in all the dry ingredients together into the mixing bowl. If you want your muffins to rise beautifully, sift the big flour chunks out. If you don't care, don't sift.
 
Step 3: Add in all the rest of your wet ingredients and blend away!!!

Take a taste sample with your finger... MMMM
Scrape sides and blend again! 

Step 4: Now you get to choose if you want to add NUTS! Walnuts are perfect for these! OOOOH and dark chocolate chips! I use Ghirardelli 60% Cocoa Chips.

**Make sure you oil your pan very well, I use coconut oil, then pour the batter in! Don't forget tolick the bowl!

Step 5: Bake at 350F for 30 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Step 6: Best step of all.... ENJOY!!



No comments:

Post a Comment