Turkey Meatloaf


I don't know if there's such a thing as any human being meatloaf hater!? If so, O well they lose out, but I absolutely LOVE meatloaf! It's quick it's easy, juicy and so tasty! 
I grew up eating a lot of meatloaf but of course it was ground beef full of ketchup, onion soup mix, and other sorts of flavor-full unhealthy stuff mixed in. I'm not gonna lie I love my Granny's traditional meatloaf but when you need something that's competition friendly, you get creative. This loaf, I'm proud to say is made of lean ground turkey with no sugar or unhealthy stuff inside! And I can assure you that it's a very tasty!


Ingredients:

1 lb Lean Ground Turkey
1 TBSP ground Oatmeal
1 TBSP ground Flax
1/4 C Shredded Parmesan Cheese
     (if you don't have any its still very good without it)
2 Egg Whites
1TSP Parsley
1TSP Basil
1TSP Cumin
1TSP Oregano
1TSP Paprika
1TSP Minced Garlic
Mix all ingredients very well  and form in a loaf pan. Make sure the loaf does not touch the sides of the pan, this allows the fat to run off.

if you want meatballs form in 1 TBSP sizes and bake on a cookie sheet for 30 mins or until fat runs out!
Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 mins to 1 hour. Do NOT over cook! you will end up with a dry loaf! YUCK!

When it is finished let the loaf set for about 10 minutes then slice and serve! Add your favorite vegetables and quinoa or brown rice as a side! YUM YUM YUM!!! I put some Dijon mustard on it, YUM or sugar-free ketchup! double YUM! 
Its So simple, even the directions seem too simple... hahaha!

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment