Chocolate Mint Protein Muffins


So my Husband is such a mint lover. Chocolate and peanut butter comes first but chocolate and mint is a close second. I really haven't made many chocolatey-minty things because it's a very strong flavor and it doesn't go nice on my palette , which makes the work even more complicated. Never the less I went for it once again.

Ingredients:

1/2 C (ground) Oatmeal Flour
1/4 C Coconut Flour
1/4 C Cocoa Powder
2 TBSP Flax
1 TSP Baking Soda
1/2 C Chocolate Protein Powder
1 tbsp Vanilla
1/4 tsp Peppermint Extract
2 egg whites
1/2 C apple sauce
2 TBSP Coconut oil
1/2 C Almond Milk- Unsweetened Vanilla
1/2 C Dark Chocolate Chips

  ~If you're missing something, have no fear, for substitutions click HERE!

Step 1:

I sift all my dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. 
Sift the big flour chunks to out help the muffins to rise beautifully. If you don't care, don't sift. Honestly I rarely sift, that's just one more thing to do.

Step 2: 

Slowly add in your wet ingredients. Ensure to scrape sides and mix well.

Step 3: 

Pour those babies into either a well oiled or a lined pan.
  
I've been getting a little tired of oiling my pan to make muffins every week so this time I thought I'd try out some jumbo muffin pan liners. ... Let's just say I'm either going to find a better brand or I'm going to go back to greasing my pan.

Step 4:

For each muffin and took one Andes after dinner mint broke it in half and stuck it in the center as a nice little treat.



Bake @ 350 for 25 minutes.
Makes 4 Jumbo Muffins!

So I have tried making things before and the trick, I think, really is not overdoing the mint extract. Mint is a lot stronger than vanilla or almond extract therefore a little goes a really long way. I only used 1/4 tsp mint extract in the recipe and when the muffins finished they had a very strong mint flavor.


 These are quite refreshing!

ENOJY!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment