Quinoa Turkey Stuffed Bell Pepper


So I'm preparing for a competition but I know my husband doesn't want to eat boring meals every night so I took a wonderful stuffed bell pepper recipe by Emeril Lagasse that I've used for many years and altered it. I had to make it competition meal friendly with lots of nutrients and low fat so here it is! Nothing like what I used to make but still very delicious!

Ingredients:

1 c Onion
1/2 c Red Bell Peppers
1 TBSP Garlic
1 TBSP Parsley
1/2 tsp Coriander
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Basil
Pinch Red Pepper flakes
1 lb ground Turkey
3-6 green Bell Peppers

Finely dice your onion and bell pepper and place in a hot skillet with olive oil and garlic.  Cook until onions are translucent.

Next add one pound of ground turkey and spices. 

In another pot on the stove to cook your quinoa and chicken broth until the King what is a little translucent on the edges.
Once its done add to quinoa and tomato paste to your turkey vegetable mixture.

Cover and let it simmer.

Pull out another large pot, fill it with water and set it to high while the water is heating remove the tops and seeds of your green bell peppers.
Place bell peppers in boiling water for approximately 5 minutes or until slightly soft.
Fill peppers with quinoa turkey mixture and top with any type of cheese that you enjoy in this case I used provolone.

Bake for approximately 15 minutes at 350 F or until the cheese is melted.

This recipe will easily fill 6 green bell peppers but I only filled 3 the filling is great for leftovers if you don't have 6 people to feed.

 

ENJOY!











No comments:

Post a Comment