Protein Almond Bread

 I wanted to make an almond protein bar, a little different that the other times I've made one but this wasn't working the way I had planned. obviously this is not a protein bar recipe but instead a protein bread recipe... BUT how?! I say its luck, I really have never ruined anything in the kitchen... and when I make mistakes they become INCREDIBLE inventions!

Ingredients:

1/2 c Almond Meal
1/2 c Vanilla Whey Protein
3 TBSP Flax Seed
1 TSP Almond Extract
2 TBSP Coconut Oil
2 TBSP Hot Water
1 TBSP Coconut Butter
1 TSP Baking Soda
1/4 c Almond Milk
1/4 c Egg Whites

Mix together all your dry ingredients then slowly incorporate your wet ingredients.


Pour into a loaf pan lightly coated with coconut oil.

Bake @ 350 F for 20-25 minutes until lightly brown and a toothpick comes out clean.

I was so shocked when I opened the oven to find this delightful treat! It rose beautifully! Its fluffy and moist yet tasty and FULL of Protein!

Top it with some peanut butter and LORD HAVE MERCY! YUMMM!

Sometimes accidents make the best treats... hehe!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment