Valentines Treats


I was on my way out the door leaving for another work trip, the norm... And I knew I had to do something special for my husband. So I thought really fast and said "Hey Self why don't  we make him some special treats and a cute little  poetry scavenger hunt to lead him to the treats!"
I quickly went to my art room and grab some paper, glue, scissors and racked my brain for poems. Each poem, heart note included hints to another location in the house. They were short little ones no more than 15 words but they were cute and to the point. I made about 5 and then I made a cute little ending lover letter cut and glued on a larger heart paper. then I ran around and taped them all over the house!


Next I worked on his small treats. I didn't have much time since I'm a busy bee, work-a-school-aholic... So I thought... at first I wanted to do a variety of Truffles but that idea would've taken a little longer.
So, I made protein peanut butter cups (can't EVER go wrong with these) just a small batch of them of course. But you could also do homemade truffles if you have more time.

Here I melted about 4oz of my 72% dark chocolate in the microwave first then poured some on the bottom of candy cups.
I refrigerate the chocolate while I made the Protein PB filling.

~Protein PB Cup full recipe ~
The filling should be semi-dry and not sticky.
This time I used:
1 Tsp Honey
2 TBSP Peanut Butter
1/8 C Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
Mix and press about 1 tsp onto hardened chocolate.
Melt about 4oz more and pour onto peanut butter until its just covered.
Refrigerated again until hardened.... this just makes the process move faster otherwise it would take an hour or so.


I just wanted to share because I thought this would be a cute little Valentines idea for any loved one!

I hope you all have a great Valentines Day!

~Tabitha



No comments:

Post a Comment