Herb Quinoa


Quinoa (keen-wa) A TRUE LOVE of mine! Its one of the best ancient grains and is LOADED with health benefits! I will choose Quinoa over rice any day and ALWAYS over potatoes! (puke, potato hater here!) Anyways Quinoa is a little tricky too cook and it too me a couple tries but once I had it down I NEVER looked back!
 

Ingredients:  


1 c dry Quinoa
1 c Chicken Broth
1 Juice of Lemon
Parsley
Thyme
Basil
1 TBSP Olive Oil


Step 1:

RINSE YOUR QUINOA!  This is VERY IMPORTANT! Quinoa has a bitter outer coating and if you don't rinse, YUCK! I use a mesh sifter and run water over it. That does the trick just fine.

Now, set in the pot on med heat and cover with chicken broth and juice of 1/2 the lemon.

Step 2:

Cook for about 15 minutes. When the Quinoa is done it will look gooey/see-through in the center and have a white ring around each grain.

Step 3:

Take Quinoa off the heat and add the rest of the lemon juice, olive oil, and spices. I suggest 1 TSP each and if the herb flavor is not strong enough to your liking add a little more. Then, SERVE!

This is such a yummy simple side! I eat it on the side of most fish or chicken dishes. Its so good we can't help but want to ALWAYS eat this nutrient rich food!


ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment