Healthy on the GO

I have a job that requires me to travel A LOT. And yes I have to reschedule all my clients. I find them substitute trainers if they want them, for however long I'm gone, then I get back and have to regroup. Nevertheless, I make my hectic life work all while staying in shape and eating healthy.
I'm gonna show you how I eat healthy on the go. This will hopefully help you make smarter decisions verses turning to fast food for fast meals. All you need is a couple essential tools and a little prep time.
While on the go, I usually live from a mini fridge and microwave in a small hotel room, and this works great. I plan out how many meals I need, minus breakfast. So for 5 days I need about 10 meal options (lunch and dinner) and I ALWAYS have things for snacks.

For my Travel Bag .

1 can opener
1 travel knife
1 large microwaveable bowl
fork & spoon
Protein shaker cup
2-3 zip-lock (snack/sandwich) bags
2 plastic containers 
reusable grocery bag
Small insulated food bag
A kitchen sponge (optional) 

 

 

My Prep Food . . .

4 Chicken Breast
Oatmeal
Protein Powder
Peanut Butter
Cocoa Powder



Purchased on Location . . .

Mini cans of Tuna
Quaker Rice Cakes
Raw Spinach
Unsweetened Almond/Coconut Milk
Black beans
Fresh Bell Peppers
Avacado
Frozen Green Beans
Frozen Broccoli
Nuts
Egg Whites 
Fresh Fruit (1-3)
Hummus*
Gluten free wrap*
Salsa*

* I usually don't buy these immediately but I find myself going back to the store for them so I can have a few more meal options. 

 

 

Meal Options . . .

Breakfast:
Microwave Omelet

Lunch/Dinner: 
Chicken and Broccoli/Green Beans
Chicken Spinach, Avocado, Black Bean Salad (Southwestern)
Chicken Black Beans, Salsa* & Avocado
Tuna Avocado Salad
Chicken Hummus*, Avocado, Spinach wrap*
Tuna Avocado, Spinach Wrap*

Snacks:
Rice Cake and Peanut Butter
Hummus and raw Veggies
Protein Mocha
Microwave  Protein Cake
Nuts (1/4 c)
Fruit


How I Prep . . .

Step 1: I usually bake 2 types of chicken. 2 breasts of Mediterranean and 2 breasts of Southwest.
Baking takes approximately 45 mins, so while chicken is baking I prepare the rest.

Step 2: I fill to go zip-lock bags or plastic containers (I've used both in the past), with my 1. Protein Oatmeal and 2. Protein. Here I make sure I have 1 serving a day of oatmeal and 2 servings a day of Protein.

Step 3:  Take about 4 TBSP of Cocoa Powder and about 4 TBSP of Peanut Butter in separate mini containers. -Trust me! You'll want these!

Step 4: Make sure you gather your utensils... fork, spoon, knife, can opener, 2-3 zip-locks and 2 plastic containers & SOMETIMES maybe even a wine bottle opener... (hehehe) Don't forget your Protein, Oatmeal, Peanut Butter and Cocoa! Place all these items in a large reusable bag.


Step 5: When the chicken is done chop into cubes or strips and fill 4 sandwich or 8 snack zip-lock bags. If you fill sandwich bags, each bag gets 2 serving of chicken. 2 bags for 1 flavor, 2 bags for the other flavor. When you get to your destination 2 zip-locks go directly into the freezer. . OR . . If you choose to fill 8 zip-lock snack bags, each bag gets 1 serving of chicken. When you get to your hotel 6 zip-locks go into the freezer. All your prepped chicken goes into your small insulated food bag and into your fridge.

I use the reusable containers to pack food on the go while I'm out of the hotel room.
As I continue posting for healthy on the go Ill add on links to my on the go meal creations and how to make them super tasty! I hope these are good starter tips for you to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment