Coconut Cashew Crusted Mahi Mahi


It's just another one of those days where its time to eat some fish. We eat eat fish at least once a week but no more than twice. Fish is one of the easiest things in my opinion to make but at the same time its not a protein that goes well with every flavor... in my opinion at least.
I've been really stepping outside of the box to get creative in this department and lo and behold here I am putting coconut on fish. 
I couldn't resist the idea of this recipe you know I love coconut and I love cashews as well... I love every nut! 
This is an extremely simple and extremely tasty recipe!

Ingredients: 

 

1/2 cup Chopped Cashews
Coconut Flour
Cayenne Pepper
Mahi Mahi steaks

Step 1:

Toast the cashews in a small dry pan on low heat until lightly browned. **Watch them! Nuts burn VERY quickly! All it takes is you to turn your back for a minute and they'll be history. I've done it one too many times.

Step2:

For the Mahi Mahi I usually buy the frozen strips from Trader Joe's and each strip is about 4oz. Three pieces is a good amount for my husband and I, I'll have one and maybe 1/4 and he cleans up the rest.

Sprinkle coconut flour until coated completely and evenly on both sides of Mahi Mahi then lightly sprinkle with cayenne pepper. Depending on how spicy you like it you can put more or less cayenne.

*If you're having a hard time to get the flour to stick, dip the fish in coconut milk first! 

Step 3:

Place in Mahi Mahi in a dish and top it with cashews. 

bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes

I always eat something like this with a side of fresh steamed vegetables and quinoa! Or vegetables and more vegetables. I LOVE my vegetables!


So YUMMY!!

ENJOY!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment