Blueberry Protein Muffin


This is where my protein muffins all started.... My spoiled husband that I LOVE SO MUCH said "Honey, can you make me a JUMBO protein muffin so I can take them to work. I want a blueberry one..." I said "ok LOVE! Good idea!" I scrambled to buy a JUMBO muffin pan and finally found one... then my brain went to work calculating scientific formulas in my head... hehe My husband is the best inspiration for my protein baking!

He got home from work and I had LOVELY muffins waiting...

I prefer to use oat flour for everything because its gluten free and super healthy. But as you can see below I have options and substitutions for you just in case you don't have something on hand. I like to add oat bran, it gives the muffin a more nutty filling oat taste :) but if you prefer a more cake like Muffin add finely ground oat flour.


Ingredients:

1/2 C Oat Flour
1/4 C Coconut Flour  
1/3 C Vanilla whey protein
1/2 C Stevia(optional)
1 TSP baking soda
2 TBSP ground flax seed
1/2 C Natural Applesauce- Unsweetened
2 TBSP Coconut oil
3 TBSP Plain Yogurt or 1/4 C Almond Milk -Unsweetened
2 Egg Whites
1 TBSP Vanilla
1/2 C Fresh Blueberries (frozen is OK too)
  ~If you're missing something, have no fear, for substitutions click HERE!



Grease a Jumbo muffin pan or small loaf pan with Coconut oil and fill with batter...

Sometimes... OK Most times I'm not so neat, as you can see... haha



Bake @ 350 for 20min

Let them cool then pop them out!

This is where my protein muffin began... An SO MANY more recipes to add!

Love, Tabitha




No comments:

Post a Comment