Turkey Chili


This recipient evolved from my Mommys amazing chili! I just make it with ground turkey instead of beef and I added a couple more spices and beans to it! This is absolutely one of my favorite... Well I have a lot of favorites but, this is one of my favorite recipes!
 

Ingredients:

1 lb Ground Turkey
1 tsp Basil
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Cayenne
2 tsp Cumin
1 tbsp Garlic
1 8 oz can tomato sauce or 4oz tomato paste and 4oz water
1 c diced tomatoes
1 c Salsa (tomato bell pepper based)
2 c (1-16oz can) Kidney Beans
2 c  (1-16oz can) Garbanzo Beans

On medium heat Brown your turkey and all the spices. 

Once the turkey is cooked add your tomatoes, tomato sauce, salsa and beans. Let it simmer until liquid is thick. 

** If using drive beans make sure you soak 1 cup of each type of dry beans overnight. This will give you 2 cups of each and will be ready too cook.
Or you can use 1 16 ounce can of each type. 

Serve over rice or eat it by itself!! Yummy!! 



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment