Chicken Luau

Chicken Luau is by far my most favorite Hawaiian dish from home! Well... I have a lot of favorites but I really love Coconut and Taro leaf (which is like spinach) so its easily a fav! I again altered the recipe slightly to make it more competition lean machine, bodybuilding friendly... So here it is:

 Ingredients:

1 can of full fat coconut milk
2 c of low sodium chicken broth
4 c of canned or frozen spinach
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Onion powder
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Parsley
1 TBSP Coconut flour

Add your can of coconut milk, chicken broth, flour and spices to your pan and whisk  together. Here I used a large 9x16 baking pan. 

Next add your spinach and whisk again until combined. 

If you're wanting to use fresh spinach remember that spinach reduces down. I would suggest at least doubling the amount of spinach if you're using raw leaves. 

For this recipe I like to use a nice lean chicken breast with any additional fat cut away. The reason is because it going to be like a casserole consistency and any of the fat left on the chicken breast you and up eating and of course I want little to no fat as possible.

Dice up your chicken breast and put it in the pan and mix together.

Since the goal of this recipe is to reduce the liquid down to nice thick consistency is this will need to bake for a good amount of time.  If you want the recipe more soup like, then you bake it for a short time or until you get the consistency/ thickness you desire.

Bake @ 350° F  - 2 hours

Serve over rice or not!! YUM!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment