Honey Bran Protein Muffin


Looking for something a little simpler than all my other fancy muffins... And eager to have a nutty and earthy taste I came up with a Honey Bran Protein Muffin!

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 C Oat Flour (Ground Oatmeal)
1/4 C Whole Wheat Flour (sub coconut flour for Gluten-free)
1/4 C Almond Flour
1 TBSP Wheat Germ (sub chia seeds for Gluten-free)
2 TBSP Ground Flax Seed
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (1/3C)
1 TSP Cinnamon
1 TSP baking Powder
1 TSP Baking Soda
1/2 C Applesauce (Natural Unsweetened)
1/4 C honey
3/4 C Almond or Coconut Milk (unsweetened)
3 Egg Whites
   ~If you're missing something, have no fear, for substitutions click HERE!
Mix the dry ingredients then add the wet ones...
 Mix Away!!! I LOVE my Kitchen Aid Stand up Mixer! Makes the baking SO MUCH easier and Cleaner... Considering I'm clumsy and MESSY in the kitchen.... hehe


Coat your JUMBO Muffin pan with coconut oil and pour mixture.

Bake for 30-40mins at 350 F

or until knife comes out clean

 YUMMM! they rise so nicely!

5 Minutes before they are done bring them out, drizzle a little honey on top and sprinkle cinnamon, then bake for remainder of time.

 Let them cool, pop them out and enjoy!!!
My husband took one before I could take the picture... hehe Spoiled guy!

Love, Tabitha

 

No comments:

Post a Comment