Sweet Potato Squares



So for those of you who really know me you would know that I absolutely hate, let me say this again HATE potatoes. Go figure... sweet potatoes are actually really good for you. So for me to go out of my way to try and eat some sweet potatoes religiously every day is kind of making a statement. Sweet potatoes are known to be full of antioxidants anti-aging properties including hormones that helps promote the female reproductive system.- Read more here. So you see why there a lot of good reasons for me to learn to like sweet potatoes. Thank God they're at least the sweet ones not the regular ones because sweet potatoes are much more tolerable to me than regular white potatoes. So I figured if I made a sweet potato pie that was healthy I could get my daily dose of potatoes disguised in the form of a dessert! So I went to work...

Ingredients:

2 c. Sweet Potatoes 
2 tbsp Honey or Agave 
2 tbsp Coconut Oil 
1/4 c. Plain Yogurt or Kefir (I've been enjoying this new ingredient!)
1/4 c. Vanilla Whey (optional)
1/4 tsp Cinnamon 
1/4 tsp Ginger 
1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice 
2 Egg Whites

Crust:

1/4 c. Coconut Flour 
1/3 c. Almond Flour
Dash of cinnamon 
2 tbsp Coconut Oil

Step 1:


Wash, peel and dice approximately 2 medium size sweet potatoes. The smaller you dice them the quicker they cook. Put them in a pot covered completely with water and set on high. Boil the potatoes of approximately 20 minutes until they are soft too the touch or easily stabbed with a fork.

While the potatoes are boiling make your crust.

Step 2:

 


Melt the coconut oil over the dry ingredients and mash together until completely combined.
Next, pressed firmly into the bottom of your pan. - I used a loaf pan, I know not that fancy but hey, it gets the job done.

Bake the crust at 350 until fragrance approximately 15 to 20 minutes. The longer you bake it at crunchier it gets but keep an eye on it because it can burn easily. 

Step 3:

Now here is the REALLY easy part. Once the sweet potatoes are cooked remove them from the water and toss them into a large blender with the rest of the ingredients.

Blend until all the ingredients are nice and creamy. Pour on top of the baked crust and pop back into the oven. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. 

 

Add some pecans and cinnamon on top if you want ... Its tasty! 

And that is how I take something I HATE to make it something I enjoy! ;)

Hope you Like it!! 



 

Love, Tabitha!



Tell me what you think! How's that for low sugar healthy goodness!?

No comments:

Post a Comment